Pages

Wednesday 24 November 2010

Optus inefficiency sucks


Optus Systems Nightmare
...


I have got an Optus mobile post-paid plan in Australia and I am very unhappy with the service provided by this company.

They are so bad, so inefficient that deserves one post so we can make all that shit public. Maybe they will care about it...

I set up an online account to check my plan, usage and payments. For some strange reason, the system "locked" my account and when I try to login I get the message:

"To protect the security of Optus customers, a limit is placed on the number of login attempts per session. Please verify your User Name and Password and try again later."

Then I call 1300 300 937, speak with some unprepared call centre people and after 35 minutes, the teller says:

- Yes, sir, your account has been "locked"
- We can't unlock because there is a problem in the system, so you'll have to create another on-line account.


This means I will lose all configurations because of their lack of capability to build systems and solve problems.

Other funny thing happens when I try to login via iPhone app. It says that my account has been temporarily locked. If they can't unlock, Why the fuck they say "temporarily"???


I went to the Optus website, clicked in "register" and set up a second on-line account, according to the bad advice from call centre people.

When I try to link "link billing account" and enter my Optus customer number, I got the following error message:

"This service has previously been added to another web profile. Please login to My Account using your other web profile. "

Now I am in a situation that I can't fix my first account and can't set up a second one.

For us that work in IT, it is just unbelievable hear such a huge bullshit. They said that the IT guys are working on it - bullshit again!

it is amazing how they can lock your account but they can not unlock it.

All these dodge situations occur specially when you use Internet services (on-line account or iPhone app). If you are an IT or tech person and want to take the most of technology AVOID Optus.


Other Problem to prove how bad and inefficient Optus is:

When I migrated from pre-paid to post-paid, my name and surname were wrong in the system. They said that they had to fix my name before start the post-paid contract.

The teller made a call and ask to change my name. But she changed my first name only. she called again and ask to change my surname. She got an answer back saying that is is not possible to change the name more then once a day because the system doesn't allow that. Change your name on Facebook and see the change straight away.

If you had any bad experience with Optus feel free to share. I will send this link to Optus and all my friends. I am stuck in a year contract...




I figured it out that I am not the only one pissed off with Optus:
http://bella2007.blogspot.com/2007/10/optus-sucksdont-ever-go-there.htm
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=23162216637
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=23162216637


cheers

Leonardo

6 comments:

  1. This is literally on line fixing:
    update Customer set lockFlag = false where customerId = [your_id];

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like this:
    http://amplicate.com/hate/optus
    Very interesting what one guy says there :

    "Optus don't care about long serving customers. When you try to get the same deal as new customers in their own polite way they say "fuck You" Well there are more phone companies than Optus and i'm out of contract with all my plans. I might say to them "Fuck You". I'm not happy."

    I totally agree with him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok....

    I went to the Optus website, clicked in "Contact Us", after that I selected some option to contact the "on-line account people".

    I wrote a briefly message saying please fix my locked account and added the link to this post.

    I got a call from the online account team yesterday evening.

    The online account team unlocked my account and reset my password for my first account.

    They really agree that there is no point to create a second account.

    What really happens is the Optus Customer Services sucks! They made the IT people look really bad.

    If you have any problem with online account, try to avoid Optus Customer Services because they are rude and unprepared to execute their jobs.

    The solution for "online account" problem is talk to the right people.

    If you want to contact the online account team skipping the Customer Services guys, go to Facebook and write to Optus' wall and the message go straight to the people who will solve your problem. The other option is contact the Optus online account team via twitter.

    I have been reading a lot about Optus reputation and I noticed that majority of the complaints are about customer services.

    Online account guys were really helpful and it is NOT their fault that Optus has a bad customer services department.

    My online account is now working again!


    cheers

    Leonardo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had problems when I signed up with Optus. Firstly, they couldn't spell my surname and said there was no way to change their mistake and Secondly, they sent my bill to the wrong address. I ring up when I get a late payment fee which was due to them sending it to the wrong address and the only comment they can find is that they phoned me. On top of that they did not listen to me or want to. I'm just waiting to the end of the contract and then will dump them. I will never use their service again. I hope they keep doing expensive advertising so they waste their money but it would never suck me in to use them at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Their system is hopeless. How the f*** they can not change a name???
    I am gonna quit too... just waiting for the end of the contract.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I quit Optus and moved to Amaysim (Still an Optus service, but I don't have to deal with Optus directly, and get ripped off every time I make a couple of extra calls at the end of the month)

    If you want to quit halfway through your contract make sure you call their customer "Service" and understand your obligations. Also they have a very comlicated formula if you quit before the month ends, yet another mistake you do and the rip you off again.

    I was on a $59 plan and htey assured me that I need to pay $296 termination fees (Yes, I was that desparate to leave them) and I got $440+ bill due to that stupid formula that they never explained before.

    ReplyDelete